Operating as a Business Partner requires a vastly different array of skills compared to more transactional forms of HR service delivery.
According to the CIPD, the Business Partner model is the most commonly adopted service delivery model, with almost 50% of organisations employing business partners across their workforce.
Business Partnering requires a much deeper and broader understanding of your organisation, the ability to work alongside all levels of management, greater self-awareness and impact, expertise in creating and leading change and the maintenance of a business focus. Not an easy set of skills to develop! Through strategic awareness and solid HR understanding, Business partnering provides a crucial link between an organisation’s overall goals and its people practices.
Delivered on a modular basis our programme will equip HR professionals with the skills, tools and techniques to become true HR business partners.
Each module is highly practical is designed to continually build knowledge whilst allowing space between modules to put the learning into practice.
The programme will enhance commercial awareness, raise strategic thinking abilities and give HR Professionals the confidence to speak the language of the business.
The programme is also supported by 1:1 coaching sessions.
Our programme is designed for senior or high-potential aspiring HR professionals.
It offers a genuine contemporary understanding of what HR is all about and provides the essential skills, tools and techniques to drive individual success and business success.
Module 1: HR Mastery
This module will provide a sound understanding of the skills required for a true Business Partner. It brings to life the 7C’s of consulting, will enable participants to understand the HR impact ladder and provides practical tools to ensure that HR understand the role they play in aligning business strategy with the people strategy.
Module 2: Change Mastery
Being able to manage change effectively (organisation, others, and self) is vital for any Business Partner. This module provides tools and techniques to understand the culture of the organisation and how to manage change effectively.
Module 3: Business Mastery
Setting clear return on investment (ROI) measures are key components for HR professionals to develop Business Mastery. Recognising how to speak the commercial language of the business is essential for any Business Partner. As a HR Business Partner you need to become and enabler, not a blocker, keep the business safe with its people policies, as well as have a sound understanding the value HR is able to create within the organisation. This module will enable HR Business partners to succeed in developing their business mastery skills.
Module 4: Personal Credibility
Understanding personal impact and that of others is a core skill for any HR Professional. HR Business Partners, however, need to raise the bar. They need to understand and define their HR brand and be clear on what this means for the function as well as the individuals who operate within the team. This module will enable HR functions to be clear on how they want to be seen, have tools to raise personal awareness to improve relationships and increase their sphere of influence
Module 5: Embed
Embedding the learning is an essential part of any programme.
This module is highly reflective and will consolidate the learning acquired throughout the HR Business Partner modules. Through shared experiences delegates celebrate their successes as well as identify areas for focus and further development. This module is concluded with the provision of practical tools and techniques which enable sustainable and self-managed learning.
The Benefits To The Individual
By the end of the programme delegates will:
- Understand the role of a HR Business Partner and recognise how it can support and enhance the business imperatives of your organisation
- Understand how to integrate your functional HR strategy into that of your organisation business strategy
- Have improved personal awareness and understand the impact on others
- Develop coaching techniques in real time and with immediate transference of skills back in the workplace
- Enjoy enhanced ability to influence and challenge business decisions
- Be able to build confidence and credibility in successful partnering
- Have increased commercial awareness
- Be able to develop the consultative skills needed to effectively support line managers with day to day HR activities
The Benefits To The Organisation
- As a result of our programme, the organisation will gain a HR professional who:
- Can contribute more effectively to the overall business agenda
- Can commence modelling the consulting processes required of a HR Business Partner
- Can develop an HR agenda that will support business goals
- Is personally more effective in contributing to business decision-making and supporting the senior team
- Is able to offer more strategic value to the organisation
To find out more, or to book on our Business Partnering Skills Programme or to discuss some of our other Personal Effectiveness programmes: Presentation Skills, Effective Communication, Leading in times of Change, Emotional Intelligence Master class, Creative Thinking, please contact a member of our team:
Or call us on 01952 301302 or 07970 778874